Friday, January 11, 2013

Still here...Jon's Anniversary

I have not forgotten about you guys, Maddox and I made it through Jon's year anniversary with the help of family and friends. The people I work with are wonderful and are completely understanding. Since this was the first anniversary I wasn't sure what the day would bring. Once it was here, sure I thought a lot about Jon, but I always do! However that day did not make me miss him more than I did the day before or the next day. Everyday I miss him, and I don't think that will ever change. I am just thankful to have the love and support that help me everyday.

With my day off, Maddox and I spent the day at home together. We started our morning by watching cartoons in bed, as Maddox watched Cat in the hat I perused Facebook. It was such a wonderful surprise to see that Jon had taken over my Facebook newsfeed!! Many of our friends and family changed their profile pictures to them with Jon or even just Jon, it was awesome! Thank you for all the wonderful posts and messages about Jon they were very nice to read. While I was feeding Maddox breakfast, we had another surprise, flower bouquets were delivered from some really amazing people that remembered what the day was for us. (Thank you Aunt Lauren, Uncle Russ, Granny, and Ms. Nancy) It was a really nice surprise that made me feel loved. I also received emails from coworkers that made me feel blessed to be working with such caring people. Sue, Jen and Zach came over during the day and we hung out, we played with Maddox, and played Just Dance 4, zwe looked at pictures, we laughed, we even made some really cute photo canvases of Jon. To continue my day I got a pedicure with Jen, my mom and Erika. It really turned out to be a good day :)

That night, was Thanksgiving eve and like many years the place to go was cobblestone, I decided to go out with friends and enjoy the night. Ben, Angie, Pat, Dave, Jen, Riley, and even Alex (Jon's Brother) came to my house before we went out! We hung out then we headed to Cobblestone. It was fun, I got to be out and enjoy a night with friends.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Here is an updated picture of my munckin! As of today, 1/11/13 she has 3 teeth, and has taken as, many as 4 steps on her own! Yikes...She is really good at climbing stairs.

I have included a few of my favorite photos of Maddox...


Maddox Hanging out with her friends.

Purple Friday.

Getting dressed to go to Oma's

"Look mom, I got a Radio Flyer!"

Touch Down!


Maddox checking out the turf.


She loves her Cozy Coupe

Maddox playing a little ball on the 50 yard line.


"Please keep pushing me mom, stop taking my picture"



This was taken by me outside my house, I was loading the car Thanksgiving day. Maddox was just making sure she could watch.



1 comment: