Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2, 2011

Thank you everyone who came to Jon's memorial service! It was amazing to see so many people who loved and admired my husband. Thank you to all the people who made donations for food, it was greatly appreciated. 

As I told many of you I will continue to update the blog as I continue this journey with "Baby Bruce." I have stayed busy since Jon's passing and it has really helped. Not a second goes by that I don't think about him and what we shared. I feel blessed to have fallen in love so young (we were 17 when we met) and been able to spend almost 10 years with him. Every time I see a picture of him it makes me smile, because I think of how happy he always was. :)

Many people have asked how I am feeling and how "Baby Bruce" is doing. I had an appointment the day Jon passed away. Everything was normal except my blood pressure was a little high in the one arm so they took it in the other and it was normal. The doctor was going to have me come back in a month but with everything that happened decided to bring me back in two weeks to ease everyones worries. I have that appointment on Tuesday, and from then on out I will be seen every two weeks like planned. She is very active and moves around quite a bit! 

This week has been filled with lots of paperwork and phone calls, but on Wednesday I decided to do something fun, and went to Babies R Us with my mom, sister and Jon's mom. It was really nice to take a day and focus on something positive. We had fun looking, scanning all the baby stuff, trying strollers and laughing at some as well. 

I will do my best to try and post at least once a week to let everyone know how we are doing. My goal is just to continue to take it one day at a time.

Thank you again to everyone who has been a part of this journey with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment