Friday, December 9, 2011

December 9, 2011



I continue to take each day as it comes as I have since this whole thing started. I have been figuring everything out day by day. 

Last weekend I decided to put up my christmas tree. I thought it would be nice to have a place to put my Jon ornaments after the Dove House ceremony. Since Jon and I moved into our townhouse this past February we did not have any traditions here. This made it much easier for me to be okay with decorating for Christmas. I went with my stepdad Donnie to Target and we picked out everything that was needed for a real tree. Jon and I had talked about getting a real tree this year so I felt like I still needed to follow through with what we decided. We picked out a stand, lights, VERY girly christmas balls and then a bright pink glitter covered star! I was so excited now to go find the perfect tree! We decided we were going to put the tree in our bay window so was on the hunt for a smaller tree. I knew Martin's had table top trees so I checked there first. They were too fat for what I needed. Next stop Home Depot. Thank you to everyone from Dulaney that bought us a Home Depot gift card I was able to find the almost perfect tree with the help of Donnie, and George in lumber. I couldn't find one short enough, but with a saw it became the perfect tree! I have the top of a 5ft tree sitting perfectly in my bay window. 

After decorating the tree it made me want to put up lights outside! So Donnie went back out and bought me more lights and we decorated the tree by my door. I was the second person to decorate in our section of houses, the next week I saw my neighbors decorating and they said I inspired them to decorate. :)

I started my week finishing paperwork and taking care of a few more things Monday during the day. Everyone that I have dealt with has been really helpful and has made this process as smooth as possible. I want to thank Jen from Dulaney who has gone above and beyond to help us when Jon was sick as well as continuing to help me now. 

Monday evening I went to the Dove house tree lighting ceremony with my family, and few friends. The ceremony was beautiful! They had three trees with many ornaments filling the branches. Two trees were dedicated to family and friends and the other was dedicated to pets that had past away. All the three trees were nicely decorated with the ornaments that were ordered. After the ceremony we were given the opportunity to find the ornaments that we ordered so we could take them home. Jon did not have enough ornaments for his own tree but he definitely was the majority of ornaments throughout both trees! It was so exciting to see his name on so many ornaments. It was really fun to see how people ordered them, most said Jonathan Bruce, Jonathan Lee Bruce, or Jon Bruce. Then there were a few that said something different like "Jon Brucey" or "Jon Bruce!!!" While I was standing in line to get mine I had to ask the woman a question about one of the ornaments, she showed me the list of how many ornaments were ordered. She had a page and a half of different Jon ornaments! It was so exciting to see how many people want to make Jon a part of their holiday. The artist writing the names on the ornament said she had never seen so many ornaments for one person. Thank you everyone who ordered an ornament in honor of Jon, it made me smile to know that we all were helping the Dove House as well as honoring Jon. 

The rest of the week has been filled with visitors and other fun events. Tuesday I had a doctors appointment for Baby Bruce. My blood pressure was great, and we listened to her strong heartbeat. I received the paperwork for my glucose test, keeping my fingers crossed I won't have gestational diabetes. That evening I went to Linton Springs to watch Riley and the other 5th grade band members perform their holiday concert. Wednesday was my first day back to work, it was nice to get back into a routine. Wednesday evening I spent with Mom mom and Pop pop Bruce (Jon's grandparents). We went to dinner  and then visited. Thursday evening was another fun event, Jess Shipley (co worker/friend) and her boyfriend Steve came by and picked me up for Buck Wear's Christmas party. And then tonight I spent the evening with Courtney and we went and picked up her wedding dress! It was so exciting to see how beautiful she is going to look, her dress was gorgeous! 

I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers, concerns, and support it truly has made this journey a little easier.

I need start blogging twice a week…They are getting long!

No comments:

Post a Comment