Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday

I spent the morning with Jon today. He'd had a rough night and didn't get much sleep due to night sweats. Regardless, he was on the sofa smiling when I arrived with fresh fruit and stuff for dinner.

While he was resting and I was puttering, I had a chance to enjoy their new home. I think you can tell a lot about a person by looking at how they live. Their small townhouse is a peaceful one. Anne and Jon have created a lovely home together. Everywhere I look are family photos and cards: anniversary cards, birthday cards, and get well cards; some handmade by Jon's little brother and sister are evidence of how many lives he has blessed and how much he is loved by his family and friends.

Anne's lovely touch is everywhere...splashes of color and "wise words" scattered throughout make this a home of love. My favorite is in their bedroom and says,"Always kiss me goodnight." In case you don't know, Anne's maiden name is Goodnite :). Of course, there is a sticker on Jon's bureau that says,"Fish tremble at the sound of my Voice." As I watch him sleep peacefully, I know that God is watching over him too. Please keep him in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I also like the one that says, "You can't cross the sea by standing on the shore."

    ReplyDelete