Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 2011

I am really slacking when it comes to posting! I write them, and then have my awesome sister in law look over them (she is an english teacher) and then I forget to post. I should be caught up now.

We are continuing to take each day as it comes, everyday is something different. Jon was doing really well at the end of last week he was starting to eat a little more. He was able to keep a piece of toast with jelly down one day, and then a poached egg another day, and some scrambled eggs over the weekend. He really enjoyed the scrambled eggs and you could tell after he took that first bite. Then towards the end of the weekend he trowing up. Jon has decided to try and stick to mostly a clear liquid diet to try and keep things down. He has been napping quite often and doesn't have a lot of energy but seems to be more comfortable. He is in less pain which is a good thing but it is still hard to tell if the Zelboraf is working. He was scheduled to have a CT scan on Thursday but Dr. Miller has decided to give it more time before they put Jon through the process of a CT scan (even healthy people don't enjoy the contrast liquid). Jon has 2 physical therapy appointments this week. Jon told the physical therapist he wants to be pushed. He would like to get active as quickly as possible. He did mention that the pain in his legs seemed to be a little better yesterday which was good to hear.

I started typing this before the physical therapist came, I am now finishing it after he left and Jon walked outside today for about 15 minutes! I went to the dentist this afternoon so I was not here for his walk but Jon said it felt good to walk outside. Jon said Landy, his physical therapist was very pleased with how good he did! Jon seemed to be in a good mood when I got home and seemed excited to tell me about his walk :)

Now it's 8:45 and it's time for Jon to be unhooked from his TPN gotta go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment